For our customer, a subsidiary of a group of top quality shipbuilders (Astilleros) and construction companies we are selecting several:
Highly specialized metal fitter / Ajustador especialista
Only apply if you are the very best candidates!!
Buscamos únicamente los máximos especialistas a nivel nacional
A Metal Fitter / Ajustador is a highly skilled craftsman, who fabricates and assembles steel constructions from sheet metal profiles and other components.
Position in the organization:
- Indirectly managed the company’s Operations Manager or his/her deputy.
- Supported by the Head of Personnel of the company or his/her deputy.
- Placed by the company with a suitable manufacturing company (the Client), for the completion of specific tasks.
- Managed by and reporting to the appropriate Line Manager within the Client’s organization.
- Communicating and cooperating with colleagues at the Client’s organization, on the correct working methods and processes for a particular task.
- Analyzing engineering drawings and technical product specifications, in addition to consulting specification lists for raw materials, parts and tools, as well as acknowledging work preparation and planning details.
- Organizing own workplace and selecting:
- appropriate raw materials and parts,
- suitable equipment and operating tools,
- other required work aids.
- Fabricating, fitting and assembling metal components and parts, in addition to finishing and smoothing down of rough edges, seams and joints.
- Inspecting own work with the measuring tools available, to ensure it meets the individual specifications for dimensions and measurements, tolerances and quality of finish.
- Completing other workshop activities as required.
- Analyzing mechanical and engineering drawings.
- Following standard processes and methodology for the preparation, aligning and securing of structural parts.
- Knowledge of metal distortion (longitudinal and rotational) and cracking (hot or cold) resulting from certain welding methods.
- Experience in handling manual as well as and mechanical operating tools, work aids, measuring tools, lifting and transportation equipment.
- Understanding of the health & safety and environmental regulations of Deltametaal and the Client.
- Command of the Dutch (Dutch or German) (verbal and written) in a MUST.
Sufficient work experience to be able to independently conduct all relevant job activities relating to the role of Metal Fabricator Construction, while working on light or heavy constructions.
Skills & competencies:
- The analytical skills required for the correct interpretation of:
- engineering drawings,
- specification lists for raw materials, parts and operating tools,
- Work preparation and planning details.
- The mechanical aptitude and manual skills necessary for the fabrication and assembly of structural parts, as well as the handling of the appropriate operating and measuring tools, next to the operating of lifting and transportation equipment.
- The communication skills needed to conduct technical discussions with both direct colleagues as well as Line Managers.
- A positive attitude towards management and colleagues, in addition to displaying commitment to the job and the company. A strong work ethic, demonstrated by a professional, flexible and problem-solving approach, while delivering top quality workmanship.
- The fabrication of structural parts according to agreed quality specifications and in compliance with engineering drawings, taking into account any further stages of the construction process, completed within the set time frame.
- Strictly adhering to the individual specifications for the dimensions and measurements of a structural part and working to close tolerances.
- Selecting, using and maintaining the appropriate tools and equipment.
- Ensuring own safety in the workplace, as well as the safety of others.
- A medium level of English, Francais, Deutsch o Holandés
- Certificacion professional as Fitter / Ajustador,
- (known in the Netherlands as “Bemetel/SOM/Kenteq Constructie Bankwerker” level 3”.)
- A minimum of 5 years working experience as specialist Fitter / Ajustador.
- Successful completion of courses in the following areas:
- “Basic Health & Safety”,
- Analyzing engineering drawings - offshore
- Geometry, measurement specifications and working to close tolerances in the shipbuilding/construction industry.
NB: The above stated educational qualifications could also have been obtained through work experience.